This is the time of the semester when deadlines and important dates can sneak up on graduate students. Here is a list of upcoming dates and events for you to be aware of!
- March 1 – Last day to submit proposals for Graduate Student Showcase and Three Minute Thesis Competition
- March 3 – Recommended last day for final oral dissertation, thesis, or project defense
- March 7 – Dean’s Discussion*
- March 17 – Last day to submit advisor-approved version of dissertation or thesis with signed Final Reading Approval and Access Agreement for a thesis or dissertation
- April 3 – Graduate Student Showcase
- April 11 – 3 Minute Thesis Competition
*Dean’s Discussion will be on Tuesday, March 7th at 3 pm in the Farnsworth Room in the Student Union Building. This is your chance to hear from Dean Vacha-Haase directly and speak with her about relevant grad student issues. The topic of this discussion is Mentoring and Advising: Being an Informed Consumer. Bonus – refreshments will be provided!