Twinkle Pandhi, a graduate student in the Micron School of Materials Science and Engineering, received a student travel award and a second-place poster award at the 2017 FLEX Conference, the nation’s leading forum for flexible, printed and hybrid electronics technology.
Geosciences doctoral student Nayani Ilangakoon was selected as one of 69 graduate students (out of a pool of 385 nationally) to be awarded a NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship for her proposal to analyze data collected in the Owyhee mountains and Colorado’s Grand Mesa using a full-wave form of lidar.
Computational science and engineering graduate student Kathryn Drake recently was awarded a NASA Space Grant Consortium Fellowship for her project, titled “Data-Driven Matrix Decomposition Algorithms for Analyzing Massive Datasets Collected on a Sphere: Applications to Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation.”
Juliette Rubin has been awarded a research fellowship in Madagascar. Rubin who will complete work on her master of science in biology later this summer, will study the effects of moonlight over rice fields in Madagascar on predator-prey interactions.
Boise State University’s College of Education is ranked among the top 50 public universities on the US News and World Report 2018 best graduate schools list.
Previously Featured News
- Doctoral Student Wins Top National Honors
- MFA Graduate Publishes First Book
- Online MSW Program Ranked 18th in Country
- Geosciences Graduate Student Studying Wildfire Decision Making
- Two Materials Science Doctoral Students Receive Fellowships
- School of Nursing Celebrates First Cohort in Simulation Certificate Program
- Future Materials Science Graduate Student Receives DOE Nuclear Energy Fellowship
- Counselor Education Graduate Student Selected for National Counseling Fellowship
- Geophysics Graduate Student headed to Greenland to Measure Historic Snowfall
- Tech Comm Graduate Student Collaborates to Create New Meetup, Offering a Social Experiment