Boise State University
Basque PhD Scholarships
In coordination with the BSU Basque Studies Program and the Boise Basque Museum & Cultural Center, Boise State University’s Computer Science (CS), Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), Geosciences, Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), and Mechanical Engineering (ME) Graduate Programs are proud to offer scholarships to qualified Doctoral of Philosophy (Ph.D.) applicants from the Basque Country. The Basque Ph.D. Scholarship Program was established to promote the strong connection between the Basque Country, Boise, Idaho and Boise State University. The scholarships, which are also referred to as assistantships, provide students $18,000-$25,000 per year plus full payment of tuition and health insurance premiums.
Students with a Master’s of Science degree or Licenciatura, or expect to complete it by May 2016, in any engineering field, computer science, the physical sciences (physics, earth science, or chemistry), the life sciences, or mathematics, are encouraged to apply for Fall 2016 admissions. The application for the Basque Ph.D. Scholarship requires two separate steps.
- Submit a preliminary application by email to Mr. Chad Watson (email@example.com)*. The preliminary application enables candidates to apply to a program of interest prior to taking the GRE and TOEFL exams and without incurring any expenses. The preliminary application must be submitted by 15 March 2016 and include the following:
- A completed application form
- three letters of recommendation from professors
- unofficial transcripts
- a statement of purpose no longer than two pages describing your education and technical background, motivation for graduate study, research interests and career goals.
The Graduate Program selected by the applicant will review the preliminary application.
- Applicants recommended for the Basque Ph.D. Scholarship will be invited to submit a formal application for admission to Boise State University’s Graduate College, and will need to take and demonstrate adequate levels in the GRE and the TOEFL English language proficiency exams. The formal application process can be initiated by going to https://graduatecollege.boisestate.edu/howtoapply/.
We look forward to meeting our newest Basque Ph.D. Scholars in August 2016 and showcasing what makes Boise, Idaho and Boise State University the place to be!
- Basque Museum & Cultural Center https://www.basquemuseum.com/
- Basque Studies Program http://basquestudies.boisestate.edu/
- Computer Science Department http://cs.boisestate.edu
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Department: http://coen.boisestate.edu/ece
- Geosciences Department http://earth.boisestate.edu
- Materials Science and Engineering Department http://coen.boisestate.edu/mse
- Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering Department http://coen.boisestate.edu/mbe
*Submit all application materials as one attachment in PDF format. In the subject line of the email, include Basque PhD Scholarship, your name, and the graduate program of interest (CS, ECE, Geosciences, ME or MSE)