The Graduate GEM Scholarship for graduate students waives non-resident tuition for out-of-state and international graduate students with an overall GPA of at least 3.00 who are accepted into an eligible graduate degree program. Qualified students who attended Boise State as an undergraduate are eligible for a Graduate GEM Scholarship, even if they received GEM support as an undergraduate.
Please click here to view the Graduate GEM Scholarship application. If you are accepted into an eligible graduate degree program and have been recommended for a GEM Scholarship by the Graduate College, the Financial Aid Office will make an offer to you through your my.BoiseState account. Graduate GEM Scholarships are awarded for one year. It may be renewed for one additional year if you take at least 9 graduate credits per semester in each of your first two semesters and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00. Two years is the maximum award period at the master’s level. If you are a doctoral student, and would like to learn more about the renewal process, please contact Katie Stone at 208-426-4723.
GEM Application Deadlines
To be eligible for a Graduate GEM Scholarship you must:
- Have a permanent residence outside the State of Idaho (both international students
and US citizens are eligible).
- Have a GPA as an undergraduate of 3.00 or higher.
- Be accepted into an eligible graduate degree program.
- Graduate GEM Scholarships are awarded to eligible students. If you receive a Graduate Assistantship with a tuition waiver, you will no longer be eligible for the GEM Scholarship and your GEM Scholarship will be replaced by the assistantship. Your Graduate Assistantship will also cover your non-resident tuition and fees.
- You will not be considered for the Graduate GEM Scholarship if applying ONLY to a certificate program.
- Students in the Master of Athletic Leadership, Online MBA, Executive MBA, the off-campus Social Work graduate programs and the online graduate programs in Educational Technology, Nursing, and Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning are not eligible for the Graduate GEM Scholarship. Please use this link for a full list of ineligible programs.