What is it? The Graduate Student Showcase is a one-day conference for you to present your research, work and talents, to connect with other graduate students and faculty at Boise State, and to learn about other disciplines and gain conference experience.
When is it? Thursday, April 19, 2018. 9:00 am- 11:30 am. Jordan Ballroom, Student Union Building.
How can I participate? All are welcome to attend the Graduate Student Showcase! Faculty may participate as judges. The event is free and open to the public.
Congratulations to the 2017 Graduate Student Showcase Winners!
- Gabe Garcia (Geosciences, M.S.)
- Kazi Moinul Islam (Civil Engineering, M.S.)
- Madison Krentz (Mechanical Engineering, Accelerated, M.S.)
- Nick Lobb (Kinesiology, Biophysical Studies, M.S.)
- S.M. Naziur Mahmud (Civil Engineering, M.S.)
- Anna Matejcek (Visual Arts, M.F.A.)
- Brittany Price (Kinesiology, Biophysical Studies, M.S.)
- M.D. Fazle Rabbi (Civil Engineering, M.S.)
- Abir Rahman (Biomolecular Sciences, Ph.D.)
- Stela Saltaga (Communication, M.A.)
- Clare Zamzow (Kinesiology, Biophysical Studies, M.S.)
Please do not hesitate to email Dr. Scott Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Here’s some other important information specifically about making posters for the Graduate Student Showcase: (1) Although the above link discusses research posters, the Graduate Student Showcase will incorporate posters that cover a variety of topics (e.g., theory, project proposals) and areas of expertise. Any student in any area of study can submit to present a poster! (2) What needs to be included on the poster? We ask that you include Purpose, Procedure/Description, Results/Outcome, and Implications/Future Directions to the best of your ability.
For posters for research, scholarship, and entrepreneurship submissions, there will be space to hang your research poster. Handouts, or additional information that you want to provide, are optional.
For the Visual Arts, lighting and a wall or space for displaying your work will be provided in the SUB Gallery. For Performance Arts, a podium/stage will be provided, as will a predetermined performance time. When you submit your abstract/contact information and indicate that you will be presenting a Visual or Performance Art piece, the Graduate College will contact you with additional information. Please arrange to bring any other materials on your own. Please contact us with any concerns: email@example.com.
Credits: Icons by The Noun Project