Welcome to the Graduate College! We are happy that you are considering pursuing your graduate studies at Boise State University. Students can apply to the Graduate College at any time. However, be sure to check your program of study for important deadlines.
The following checklist will assist you as you complete your Graduate College application
- At the time of entrance, hold at least a Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited US college or university. Click here if you’re an International Student. Click here if you’re a Non-Degree Seeking Student.
- Create an account.
- Use your account information to complete the online application.
- Use a Visa/Mastercard or Discover Card to pay your non-refundable application fee. The Graduate College application fee is $65 for residents or $95 (USD) for international students.
- Request official transcripts from every educational institution you have attended beyond high school and submit them to the Graduate College. You do not need to request official Boise State University transcripts. Our mailing address is: Boise State University Graduate College, Riverfront Hall, Room 307, 1910 University Dr. Boise, ID 83725-1110. Transcripts may be turned in by hand in their original sealed envelopes, submitted electronically, or they may be faxed or mailed directly from the originating institution. Our fax number is 208-426-2789. For more information click here.
- Take any predictive exam, such as the GRE, that is required by your program. The Boise State University GRE code is 4018.
- Submit all appropriate materials for your academic program by your program’s application deadline. Please refer to your program for application deadlines. Please note that all application materials must be received in advance of your program’s application deadlines. If no deadline is given, please contact your program.
- Being admitted into the Graduate College does not mean that you are also admitted into your program. Upon being admitted to the Graduate College you may begin to take classes on a limited basis. However, being admitted into the Graduate College does not mean that you are also admitted into your program or certificate program. You are only officially admitted to your program after you submit all required documents and receive written notification of your admissions status.
- You may check the status of your application by logging into your myBoiseState account.
- Are you considering pursuing a graduate certificate and a degree? Or two graduate certificates? You may apply to one master’s program and one certificate program simultaneously if the content of the two programs is logically related. The co-enrollment must be approved by the chair of the supervisory committee or the advisor and the coordinators of the graduate certificate and graduate degree program. You must create a separate account and application for each individual graduate degree and certificate program. Educational Technology, Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning, and Technical Communication programs are Pre-Approved Aligned master’s and certificate programs. To apply to a Pre-Approved Aligned program: Under Degree Path choose “I would like to apply for a graduate degree program with an Aligned Graduate Certificate.” You do not need to create a separate account and application for pre-approved aligned programs.