Students who have earned a master’s degree from Boise State University may earn a second master’s degree in another discipline under the following guidelines:
- The student must meet all requirements prescribed for the second degree.
- Requirements for the second degree that have already been met as part of the first master’s degree may be counted toward the second degree with the following stipulations:
- All requirements for the second degree (including transfer courses must be started and completed within a single continuous interval of no more than seven (7) years.
- A student cannot be admitted to a second master’s degree program until all requirements for the first master’s degree have been completed.
• The supervisory committee and Graduate Dean approve.
• Credit for culminating activities is automatically excluded from application to both degrees.
• At least two thirds (2/3) of the credit applied to the second degree must represent new course work; that is, courses not already applied to the first degree.