Source: Office of the Registrar website – appeals page
All Boise State students have the right to appeal any academic policy or requirement if either of the following conditions is present:
- Extenuating circumstances make it impossible for a student to comply with the policy or requirement.
- An undue hardship would result from a strict application or interpretation of the policy or requirement.
Please note, however, that extenuating circumstances must be beyond the student’s control and that undue hardship must be a condition far more serious than simple inconvenience. Documentation will be required and the timeliness of the appeal will be taken into consideration. Instructions on how to submit an appeal can be found on the Academic Appeal Form.
Appeals that are most likely to be relevant to graduate students include:
- Appeal to add a class after the deadline
- Appeal to drop a class after the deadline
- Appeal to completely withdraw from the university
- Appeal to completely withdraw after the end of a semester or from a previous semester
Additional information about the following appeals can be found in Student Appeals:
- Request for an exception to the regionally accredited institution requirement for admission
- Request for reinstatement to a graduate program
- Request for an extension of the duration of time