The Master of Arts in Education, Curriculum and Instruction is designed to improve instructional, curricular and leadership skills among practicing educators. Graduates of the program will be able to adapt research based techniques to meet the requirements of their professional situations and be able to assess and reflect on the efficacy of their efforts. Students may select from three culminating experiences. This degree requires completion of a minimum of 32 credits. The MA in Education, Curriculum and Instruction does not lead to initial teacher certification nor does it require certification for admission.
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Letter of Application including a statement of your professional goals, as well as:
- a description of the specific classroom practice that you hope to improve upon through your participation in this program, and/or
- a description of the broader educational issue that you hope to more fully understand through your participation in this program.
- E-mail contact for two references.
Application and Materials Deadlines
Summer Session: April 1
Fall Semester: July 1
Spring Semester: November 1
Dr. Esther Enright
Education Building, Room 412
1910 University Dr.,
Boise, ID 83725-1745