The Master of Earth Science is a professional science degree program without a thesis requirement. It is designed for students who are in the workforce.
Master of Earth Science MESci
Dr. Jim McNamara
Environmental Research Building
1910 University Dr., Boise, ID 83725-1535
2. Hold a baccalaureate degree in geology or a related discipline from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
3. Earned at least a 3.00 grade point average out of a 4.00 scale during the last two years of academic work.
4. A letter of intent outlining your plans for the future, including what you would like to study and the faculty member or members you have contacted and would like to study under while in the program.
5. A professional resume listing educational training, any awards, publications, poster presentations, and grant applications.
6. A sample of your scientific writing (publication, technical document, scientific abstract, or from prior coursework).
7. College Course Summary Form: http://earth.boisestate.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/GradColCrseSum.pdf.
8. Official GRE scores.
9. Three letters of recommendation.
Provisional status may be granted to those otherwise promising applicants who lack some prerequisites.
Fall Admissions: February 1
Spring Admissions: October 15