The Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Foundational Studies (CIFS) serves a wide variety of students. Our department encompasses everything from initial teacher certification and principal certification through graduate studies in curriculum, instruction and school improvement. The CIFS faculty are committed to partnering with educators throughout the Treasure Valley and nationally to improve and strengthen education for all children.
The M.Ed. in Education Leadership is designed to develop leaders at the school level who inspire, mobilize and support people to continuously improve student learning and achievement. Upon successful completion of the M.Ed., eligible students (those who have worked under a contract in a public or private school for four years) will be recommended to the Idaho State Department of Education for certification as a school principal.
1910 University Dr., Boise, ID 83725-1745
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office. Applicants should have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- A letter of application, which should include your professional goals.
- Two letters of recommendations, one from an immediate supervisor in support of your participation in the program and one from someone who can speak to your leadership ability and/or potential.
- An interview to be scheduled with the Educational Leadership faculty.
Application and Materials Deadlines
Applications will be accepted until the program is filled.