The Department of Geosciences offers studies leading to the M.S. and Ph.D. in geophysics to students who are seeking to develop the capability for research or professional careers.
Dr. Jeffrey B. Johnson
Environmental Research Building
1910 University Dr., Boise, ID 83725-1536
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree in the physical sciences, mathematics, or engineering from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
- Earned at least a 3.00 grade point average out of a 4.00 scale during the last two years of academic work.
- A letter of intent outlining your plans for the future, including what you would like to study and the faculty member or members you have contacted and would like to study under while in the program.
- A professional resume listing educational training, any awards, publications, poster presentations, and grant applications.
- A sample of your scientific writing (publication, technical document, scientific abstract, or from prior coursework).
- College Course Summary Form: http://earth.boisestate.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/GradColCrseSum.pdf.
- Official GRE scores.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Graduate assistantships and fellowships, including tuition and fee waivers, are available. Applicants to the M.S. or Ph.D. programs should submit all documents by February 1 to be considered for the following fall.
Application and Materials Deadlines
Fall Semester: February 1
Spring Semester: October 15