Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Habilitative Services and Supports


The Graduate Certificate in Habilitative Services and Supports is designed for individuals who have or are pursuing a degree in a human services field and are interested in working with children and adolescents (age 3-17) with diagnosed developmental disabilities in the home and community setting. Approved human service degrees include the following: counseling and guidance, psychology, nursing, education/special education, sociology, child development/human development, social work, therapeutic recreation, marriage and family therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech language pathology/communication disorders, art therapy, dance therapy, music therapy and behavioral sciences/ABA.


Degree Requirements

Graduate Certificate in Habilitative Services and Supports, G.C.

Contact Information

Dr. Deb Carter
Phone: (208) 426-2804
Education Building, Room 228
1910 University Drive, Boise ID  83725-1725

Admission Requirements

  1. Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College.  International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
  2. A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
  3. Letter of application including the following: (a) a description of your career goals and professional interests and how the Graduate Certificate in Habilitative Services and Supports will help you attain them, and (b) an explanation of why you are choosing the Graduate Certificate in Habilitative Services and Supports and why you will be a successful graduate student.
  4. E-mail contacts for two references.

Application and Materials Deadlines

Summer Session: April 1
Fall Semester: July 1
Spring Semester: November 1