The Professional MBA is appropriate for the early to mid-career professional who values a high-quality program of study but who needs to keep working while pursuing an MBA.
Micron Business and Economics Building
1910 University Dr., Boise, ID 83725-1600
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
- Two essays on one of the topics listed:
- Tell us about a time when you tried to reach a goal or a task that was challenging, difficult, or frustrating.
What did you learn from that experience? (maximum 500 words)
- Each of our applicants is unique. Describe how your background, values, work experience (not academic),
and/or leadership skills influenced your career goals. How will your goals be furthered
by an MBA degree? (maximum 750 words)
- A current and detailed resume highlighting your professional work experience. The resume should include start and end dates for each position held and should indicate full or part time. Applicants are expected to have at least two years of full-time professional work experience. Include the names and contact information of two additional references.
- A personal interview which will be scheduled with the program once all application materials have been collected. The interview must be completed by June 1.
- Official GMAT or GRE scores. (If you do not qualify for Fast Track)
- Two Letter of Recommendation. These letters should be completed by a person who has been your direct supervisor in a professional setting or a professor.
Fast Track: There is no GMAT or GRE requirement for recent graduates (within the last two years) for STEM majors who have a 3.3 GPA, or for all other majors who have a 3.75 GPA.
A limited number of Graduate Assistantships are available. The GA waives all tuition and fees and pays a stipend of approximately $9,000 for the academic year, and requires 20 hours of work per week throughout the semester. Contracts are not automatically renewed, but students may apply for a second year.
See the website for additional scholarship opportunities.
Deadline: February 15
Application and Materials Deadlines
Fall Priority: April 15
Final Fall: May 30