Boise State University’s School of Social Work offers both Master of Social Work and Advanced Standing Master of Social Work degrees. The Advanced Standing Program is designed for students who have earned a baccalaureate degree from an undergraduate social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). The MSW program is for students with baccalaureate degrees in other disciplines.
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. Due to visa restrictions, International students currently living outside the United States on any visa are not eligible for admission to this program.
- Submit official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended to verify a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office. Applicants should have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Complete the Master of Social Work application process. (see our detailed program admission website for more information). The MSW application includes:
- Essay addressing specific questions
- Resume or CV
- Confirmed understanding of the NASW Code of Ethics
- Signed and notarized Criminal and Substantiated Abuse History Disclosure
- Signed and notarized Applicant’s Verification of Candor and Accuracy
- Criminal and Substantiated Abuse History Disclosure Statement (if applicable)
- Submit three letters of recommendation using the online recommendation system within the Graduate College application
- Order background check. Place order with Boise State University School of Social Work’s package code (BJ53).
Application and Materials Deadlines
Fall Semester: March 15
Spring Semester: August 15
Summer Session: January 15