The Master of Music in Performance is designed for students who seek to improve their performance and studio teaching skills, in preparation for a performance career, further graduate study, private studio teaching, and/or collegiate applied teaching.
Dr. Jeanne Belfy
Graduate Program Coordinator
1910 University Dr., Boise, ID 83725-1560
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree in music from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
- A formal writing sample: a short undergraduate academic research paper in music.
- Satisfactory live audition before performance faculty of your major performance area.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors familiar with your collegiate work.
Scholarships and Fellowships are available. Auditions for scholarship consideration must be completed. Please see the website for audition dates.
Application and Materials Deadlines
Priority Admissions: February 9. Full application materials, including audition, must be complete two weeks before the end of the Spring semester to be considered for admission for the following Fall.