The Master of Music in Performance is designed for students who seek to improve their performance and studio teaching skills, in preparation for a performance career, further graduate study, private studio teaching, and/or collegiate applied teaching.
Dr. Jeanne Belfy
Graduate Program Coordinator
1910 University Dr., Boise, ID 83725-1560
Scholarships and Fellowships are available. Auditions for scholarship consideration must be completed. Please see the website for audition dates.
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree in music from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
- A formal writing sample: a short undergraduate academic research paper in music.
- Satisfactory live audition before performance faculty of your major performance area.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors familiar with your collegiate work.
Application and Materials Deadlines
Priority Admissions: February 9. Full application materials, including audition, must be complete two weeks before the end of the Spring semester to be considered for admission for the following Fall.