Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Non-Degree Seeking Student

Thank you for your interest in taking graduate courses at Boise State University!

A student admitted to the Graduate College as a graduate non-degree seeking student may take courses of interest for which they are eligible, but may not work toward a graduate degree or certificate. A non-degree seeking student is not eligible for federal financial aid. If a student completes courses while in graduate non-degree seeking status, and later applies and is admitted to a graduate program, the responsible academic unit may recommend to the Graduate College that some of the courses completed in graduate non-degree status be applied to the credit requirements of the program.

The academic unit may define a maximum number of applicable non-degree credits, but the maximum cannot exceed one third of the total credit requirement. All final decisions on the applicability of non-degree credits rests with the Dean of the Graduate College.

Contact Information

Graduate College
Riverfront Hall, Room 307

How to Apply

  1. Complete an online application. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
  2. Submit the non-refundable $65 application fee. You can use a Visa/MasterCard or Discover card and include it with your online application.
  3. Submit  official transcripts from the institution that granted your highest degree. You do not have to supply a Boise State University transcript. Official transcripts can be mailed or faxed to us at 208-426-2789. Our mailing address is: Boise State University, Graduate Admission and Degree Services, 1910 University Drive, Boise, ID 83725-1110.