This certificate is offered by the Department of Educational Technology and is entirely online. Graduate certificates represent an additional milestone in academic and professional development, as they become valuable additions to resumes, curriculum vitae, and personnel files. Perfect for teachers, school technologists, and others who want to be more effective and marketable without the time and investment of a master’s degree.
A graduate certificate should not be confused with a “teaching certificate.” This graduate certificate is not recognized by the state of Idaho (nor likely by other states) for purposes of teacher licensing. Rather, it is granted by the university as a way to demonstrate a specialization in a topic of study.
K-12 or Adult focus
- Apply to the Graduate College and pay the one-time only application fee. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements. Satisfy the minimum admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
- Instruct institutions to send official transcripts directly to Graduate Admission and Degree Services via regular mail, fax, or electronically with password protection.
Graduate Admissions and Degree Services
Business Building Rm. 304,
1910 University Drive,
Boise, ID 83725-1110
Phone: (208) 426-3903 or (800) 824-7017
Fax: (208) 426-2789
- Submit a 500-word essay in which you tell us about your education and professional background, your career goals, and how our coursework will help you attain them. Please tell us why you are choosing our program and why you will be a successful graduate student.
- Submit a completed Program Development form. Please use the Online Teaching K-12 or Adult certificate form for the appropriate calendar year. If you are also applying for a master’s degree, please use the M.E.T. form and indicate which classes meet the certificate requirements with a *. It isn’t necessary to submit two separate forms. Also, please follow the guidelines and example at the top of the form. All classes should include a number and a name; one class per line. You must choose your electives as well. This plan can be changed after acceptance with approval from your advisor. Please note the course schedule.
Application and Materials Deadline
Contact the program for more information.