Boise State University’s School of Social Work offers both Full-Program and Advanced Standing Master of Social Work degrees. The Advanced Standing Programs are designed for students who have earned a baccalaureate degree from an undergraduate social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. The Full-Program MSW is for students with baccalaureate degrees in other disciplines.
Cynthia Sanders, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Coordinator
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office. Applicants should have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Answers to four questions to be answered in essay format in one document, limited to no more than seven double-spaced pages, or 8-9 for Advanced Standing applicants. The personal statement should reflect your best professional writing.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Criminal/background check
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references evaluating your academic potential
Application and Materials Deadlines
Boise Campus: December 1
Coeur d’Alene Campus: December 1
Twin Falls Campus: December 1