Boise State University’s School of Social Work offers both Full-Program and Advanced Standing Master of Social Work degrees. The Advanced Standing Programs are designed for students who have earned a baccalaureate degree from an undergraduate social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. The Full-Program MSW is for students with baccalaureate degrees in other disciplines.
Master of Social Work, M.S.W.
Cynthia Sanders, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Coordinator
2. A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office. Applicants should have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA.
3. Answers to four questions to be answered in essay format in one document, limited to no more than seven double-spaced pages, or 8-9 for Advanced Standing applicants. The personal statement should reflect your best professional writing.
4. A current resume or curriculum vitae.
5. Criminal/background check
6. Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references evaluating your academic potential
Boise Campus: December 1, 2017
Coeur d’Alene Campus: December 1, 2017
Twin Falls Campus: December 1, 2017