The Department of Art offers a full time residency Master of Fine Arts, Visual Arts degree program that encourages innovative work in art metals, ceramics, drawing, installation, interdisciplinary studio, new genres, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, social practice, video, etc.
Liberal Arts Building
1910 University Dr.,
Boise, ID 83725-1510
Graduate Assistantships are awarded competitively to first year and continuing students. Assistantships include a nonresident tuition waiver, and a stipend. Students must submit the Application for Graduate Assistantship form and supportive statement to be considered for an assistantship.
Deadline: January 15
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- Hold a B.A., or M.A. degree in visual art from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. B.A., B.F.A., or M.A. degree by the International Admissions Office.
- Have and maintain at least a 3.00 grade point average on a 4.00 scale.
- A portfolio of fifteen (15) digital images of a recent body of work. Submit your portfolio.
- Have completed twelve credits of undergraduate art history prior to taking courses for graduate credit. Undergraduate coursework in modern and/or contemporary art history is highly desirable.
- A Statement of Purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals in the field.
- An artist statement that directly addresses the portfolio submitted.
- A resume that includes your educational background, exhibition record, awards, grants, reviews and any other pertinent information.
- A $15 USD additional fee for use of slideroom.com.
Application and Materials Deadlines
MFA Application: January 15